Wednesday 4 August 2010

The Gallery: Week 22 : Playtime

This was a hard one for me. I had loads of ideas planned in my head but then either couldn't find the time or the few rushed shots I did take, I'm not happy with!

I like to try to only use photo's taken during the week the theme is given as this forces me to go out and experiment with my camera, but this week, I have cheated myself and thrown in a shot taken a couple of weeks ago, as I'm not really pleased with what I came up with.

First up guns, William loves guns and other weapons, he's scarily obsessed with them, always has been. If he has a pound to spend in a shop he will always choose a gun or maybe a sword, however rubbish it is, it doesn't matter. Throw water into the equation and you've a happy child.






Williams never really been an indoors kind of child. He loves playing outside with his friends, whatever the weather. If he is inside, I admit he love's his video games but if he has a choice its always outdoors he'll choose.

He's also a sporty kid, he love's his rugby, football and Tae Kwon Do, so toys tend to be a passing whim for him. Unfortunately though I don't have any good photos of these yet as I only got my new camera a couple of months ago. I can't wait for the new season to start though!

These photos are of a few of the Christmas/ birthday presents that have managed to keep his attention rather than gathering dust after a week!




Action figures. He loves action figures, especially wrestlers. I love it when I catch him playing and he's unaware that I'm watching.

Wrestler v Robot, Sith Lord against Army Sniper, it doesn't matter in the battle for Castle Mountserrat, time lines and genres have no place in this battle! We watched the fantastic Toy Story 3 last week and the intro where the toys are all in one big imaginary adventure together is so recognizable!

I guess the best playground of all is a child's imagination.


2 comments:

  1. I have boys (3) and a girl who sometimes thinks she is a boy so these pics are very familiar! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete